Wednesday, July 1, 2015

New Promo Image for "Haunted by the Past"

One of the most pleasing aspects of promoting a project is making new, little images to add some flare.  I based this piece on a location in one of the short stories that will appear in "Haunted by the Past".

I first sought out some reference shots to get a few ideas for an old church sitting on a hill.  I wanted it to have that Medieval time period appearance, where it was just as much a place of God as a fortified shelter.

Once the inking was complete, I decided to give it a watercolor wash to create a somber atmosphere.



After the paper has dried, I upload the image and remove any eyesores for a cleaner appearance.




As a final touch, I added a frame and the title in a nice, friendly font.  The final product...




-  James S. Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment